This indulgent take on a family favourite is the perfect midweek antidote!
This lasgane pairs perfectly with our Audrey Pinot Noir.
Serves 6 – Prep 15min – Cooking time 30-40min
200g crab meat
100g speck, thinly sliced
50ml extra virgin olive oil
50g unsalted butter, room temperature
salt & pepper
70g unsalted butter
75g plain flour
salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 180C or 170C fan.
1. To make béchamel sauce, heat milk in a pan on medium until almost boiling.
2. Melt butter in another pan on high heat. Add flour and cook, stirring, for 2-3 min, until starting to bubble. Gradually add hot milk, whisking constantly, until combined. Simmer for 5 min, until sauce bubbles and thickens. Season.
3. in a large frying pan, add a little oil and cook speck for 2-3 min, remove and place into a large bowl. In the same frying pan add a little oil again and cook the crab meat for 2min, add seasoning. Remove and add into the bowl with speck.
4. use butter at room temperature to grease your lasagna tray
5. Spread 1/2 cup of white sauce over base of an 8 cup-capacity baking dish. Top with a sheet of lasagna and a layer of Creamy Tomato + Smoked paprika and a little more béchamel, sprinkle with speck and crab meat and peas. Repeat layers four to five times.
6. Bake lasagne for 30-40 mins, until bubbling and golden. Rest for 5 min before serving.